Friday, August 12, 2011

What can happen as a result of sending an inappropriate email to the wrong email address?

A friend gave me their email and asked me to send them something which ill just say is inappropriate if you were not the intended recipient. Turns out they accidentaly omitted 2 numbers from their email and so the email went to someone else. I immediately sent a second email to the wrong address apologizing for the prior email and informing this person that they were not the intended recipient and I was sorry for any inconvenience, etc. It was a huge mistake on my part I know and will certainly be more careful in the future, what I would like to know is what are the likely repercussions of this? I have myself received similar emails in the past that I was not intended to see and I just deleted them, and am hoping that the recipient of mine will do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment